Thursday, December 3, 2009

Class Project-Accessability Experiment

So, here's the deal. I had to give a small test to someone and see how accessible my test site was for them. I used http://www.youtube.com as my test site, a popular and pretty accessible site, and my sister as my test subject. Here are the tasks I gave, as well as questions I asked:

Task: Find the categories of videos on Youtube
How easy was this for you (scale of 1-10, 10 being very easy): 8


Task: Locate the video "Jimmy: The World of Warcraft Story"
How easy was this for you (scale of 1-10, 10 being very easy): 10


Task: Locate the Show "Mr. Bean"
How easy was this for you (scale of 1-10, 10 being very easy): 8


Task: Pick any Channel and locate the Uploaded videos to this channel
How easy was this for you (scale of 1-10, 10 being very easy): 8


Questionnaire:

1. How easy was the site for you, when you needed to find things?

Very easy, its well laid out, and I could find things almost instantly.



2. What do you think of the new layout for Youtube?

I like the front page, it has some great suggestions and makes the site even easier to use, especially when I just want to watch random videos.


3. Would you recommend Youtube to a friend based on your experience with its user-friendliness?

Definitely. There are some other sites for videos, but none have as many as this, and plus they can be so annoying to navigate. I hate when some have ads everywhere, blocking what I need!

4. Were there any steps that were a little hard?

On the Channels, it took me a sec to find the videos for them, but it wasn't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment